On this page
Data science and analytics is the domain of study that deals with vast volumes of data using modern tools and techniques to find unseen patterns, derive meaningful information, and make business decisions. While data sciences uses complex machine learning algorithms to build predictive models, data analytics aims to extract meaningful insights from various data sources.
As a Data Scientist/Analyst, you are required to understand the business problem, design a data analysis strategy, collect and format the required data, apply algorithms or techniques using the correct tools, and make recommendations backed by data.
The Postgraduate Research Diploma in Data Sciences and Analytics (PGRD-DSA) will help students aid organization to take better decisions and engage in predictive analysis and pattern discovery. It will let the student:
- Find the leading cause of a problem by asking the right questions
- Perform exploratory study on the data
- Model the data using various algorithms
- Communicate and visualize the results via graphs, dashboards, etc.
Members of the Board of Studies (External)
- Dr Manisha Chakrabarty, Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Dr Praphul Chandra, Professor, International School of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Dr Biswabrata Pradhan, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
- Dr Supriyo Ghose, Professor, IFMI Business School, Bengaluru
- Dr Govind R. Kadambi, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research), RUAS, Bengaluru
- Students completing a three-year bachelors programme at SSS, RUAS, can enrol for a one-year Post-Graduate Research Diploma in Data Sciences and Analytics.
- Students/scholars who have completed/completing a bachelor’s degree from a recognized higher education institution with a minimum of 50 per cent in their qualifying examination
Fees & Scholarships
- Rs 1,38,550 per annum for Indian nationals (Tuition Fee + Other Fee)